See if you qualify for RightCare and find out how to sign up
If you qualify for STAR Medicaid, you may qualify for RightCare.
To qualify for STAR, you must:
- Live in the state of Texas
- RightCare only serves the 31 counties of the Central Medicaid Rural Service Area (MRSA) region of Texas and the neighboring counties. See the Residency Requirements section below for a list of eligible counties.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident
- Fall within certain income limits as shown in the Income Guidelines chart
Star Income Guidelines
|Family Members (Adults & Children) ||Monthly Family Income ||Yearly Family Income |
|1 ||$1,354 ||$16,245 |
|2 ||$1,833 ||$21,992 |
|3 ||$2,312 ||$27,738 |
|4 ||$2,789 ||$33,468 |
|5 ||$3,268 ||$39,214 |
|6 ||$3,747 ||$44,960 |
|7 ||$4,224 ||$50,690 |
|8 ||$4,703 ||$56,436 |
Find your family size on the left side of the chart. If your family income is less than the monthly or yearly income shown on the right, you or your child might qualify for Medicaid.
To be eligible for RightCare, you must live in one of the following Texas counties:
- San Saba
How to Apply
Apply for STAR through one of the following options:
- Call 2-1-1
- Call 1-855-897-4448 (1-855-TX-RIGHT) for help
- Visit yourtexasbenefits.com
- Download Your Texas Benefits App for Android or iOS
- You may also enroll at the nearest Medicaid office location
If you are eligible, you will be mailed a packet that lets you know which health plans are in your area. To become a RightCare member, select RightCare on the enrollment form that comes with your packet.
If you still have questions, no worries. You can call Medicaid (STAR) directly at 2-1-1 for help, or call RightCare member services.