Need a ride?
MTP is an HHSC program that helps with non-emergency transportation to healthcare appointments for eligible Medicaid clients who have no other transportation options. MTP can help with rides to the doctor, dentist, hospital, drug store, and any other place you get Medicaid services.
What services are offered by MTP?
- Passes or tickets for transportation such as mass transit within and between cities
- Air travel
- Taxi, wheelchair van, and other transportation
- Mileage reimbursement for enrolled individual transportation participant (ITP). The enrolled ITP can be the responsible party, family member, friend, neighbor, or client.
- Meals at a contracted vendor (such as a hospital cafeteria)
- Lodging at a contracted hotel and motel
- Attendant services (responsible party such as a parent/guardian, etc., who accompanies the client to a healthcare service)
The MTP will also provide gas money for a friend, family member, or volunteer to drive you to your doctor’s visit or drug store if they:
- Drive a personal car
- Record their miles
- Fill out an Individual Transportation Participation (ITP) enrollment application
Learn more about ITP or call 1-800-925-9126.
Request a Ride
You will need to call the MTP at 1-877-633-8747 (1-877-MED-TRIP) two to five days before you need the ride. Exceptions are made in cases of emergencies. The MTP’s hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday except for state holidays.
If you have a complaint about the MTP’s service or staff, you can call the MTP at 1-877-633-8747 or call RightCare Member Services at 1-855-897-4448.
Extra Help with Transportation
We can help you get a ride to a clinic when the MTP cannot. Just call RightCare's Member Services at 1-855-879-4448. This must be for a trip the MTP would have approved of, even if they weren’t able to help.
As a RightCare member, you can get even more out of your Medicaid benefits:
Benefits for Children
To find out even more about your extra benefits, call RightCare Member Services at 1-855-TX-RIGHT (1-855-897-4448).